Theta Chi is one of the oldest men’s college fraternities in North America. Founded in 1856, more than 160,000 members have enjoyed the Fraternity’s traditions, ideals and fellowship.
Founded on the principle of friendship through the mutual assistance of every member, Theta Chi aims to provide its members with an enjoyable and fulfilling collegiate experience that also prepares them for rewarding, successful lives after graduation.
- Founding Date: April 10, 1856
- Location of Founding: Norwich University (Norwich, Vermont)
- Founding Fathers: Frederick Norton Freeman and Arthur Chase
- Fraternity Colors: Military red and white
- Fraternity Flower: Red carnation
- Magazine: The Rattle
- Headquarters location: Indianapolis, IN
Theta Chi statistics
- Chapters installed since 1856: 220
- Active chapters: 127
- Colonies and interest groups: 10
- Undergraduate members: more than 6,000
- Total initiates since 1856: 164,000
- Headquarters staff members: 23