What began in Room 47 West Range at the University of Virginia back in 1868 has now endured for well over a century, growing into one of the largest fraternal organizations in the world.
How? The reason is simple. Pi Kappa Alpha has remained dedicated to developing men of integrity, intellect, success and high moral character, and to fostering a truly lifelong fraternal experience.
Below you find information on the True Pike, our mission, vision, and creed; as well as our position and relationship statements.
THE TRUE PIKE
As members of the Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity, we commit ourselves to uphold the values taught in our Ritual and restated in our Vision, Mission, and Creed. The True PIKE is committed to a life of caring for others as he cares for himself. In pursuit of that ideal, I reaffirm my commitment…
- to practice academic integrity and strive for academic achievement
- to meet all of my financial obligations on time
- to preserve a sound mind and body, rejecting abuse of alcohol or drugs
- to pursue my career goals zealously, but with integrity
- to promote brotherly love and kind feeling, nurturing my friendships
- to dedicate myself to my family, my faith, and pursuit of the truth.
TO MY BROTHERS
- to challenge all brothers to uphold this code and hold accountable those who do not
- to respect the dignity of all; not to tolerate physical or mental abuse of any human being
- to seek and fulfill leadership roles and participate energetically in Fraternity activities
- to encourage my chapter to establish and enforce rigorous academic standards
- to urge my chapter not to tolerate abuse of alcohol or drugs
- to actively recruit new members who I believe will uphold the Fraternity’s values
- to participate enthusiastically in an education program to inculcate our values
TO MY FRATERNITY
- to ensure that my conduct at all events and activities reflects Pi Kappa Alpha in a positive light
- to reach out to brothers beyond my own chapter; and welcome those who reach out to me
- to participate actively in Fraternity sponsored educational and leadership conferences
- to volunteer my time as an alumnus to an area chapter or alumni association or to the Fraternity
- to provide financial support for the Pi Kappa Alpha Foundation
- to respect the Fraternity’s property and symbols
- to leave the Fraternity and my chapter better than they were when I arrived
TO MY COMMUNITY
- to protect the health and safety of others
- to participate in campus activities, and stay involved with my alma mater beyond my graduation
- to foster good relationships with the University faculty and administration
- to serve my community through participation in civic organizations and events
- Only by so doing, can I fulfill my commitment to Pi Kappa Alpha and be worthy to count myself a True PIKE.
Pi Kappa Alpha is dedicated to developing men of integrity, intellect, and high moral character and to fostering a truly lifelong fraternal experience. To fulfill this mission, Pi Kappa Alpha will:
- Encourage all our members to live the values taught in our ritual.
- Provide innovative services and programs designed to enrich the lives of our undergraduates, alumni, and communities.
- Create opportunities for our undergraduate and alumni members to participate in the life of Pi Kappa Alpha on a daily basis.
- Promote and foster a spirit of pride, loyalty, inclusion and respect for Pi Kappa Alpha and its rich history.
- Empower our undergraduate and alumni members to help shape Pi Kappa Alpha’s future by being informed ambassadors and involved advocates.
- Encourage our undergraduate and alumni members to take an active role in advancing Pi Kappa Alpha’s interests by volunteering their time and by contributing to the fraternity’s annual giving campaign.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with our alumni, students and host institutions through various channels on a continuous basis.
- Value academic achievement and practice academic integrity.
- Establish positive and lasting relationships with our host institutions, alumni and communities.
- Encourage our members to be of strong mind and body.
Pi Kappa Alpha will set the standard of integrity, intellect, and achievement for our members, host institutions, and the communities in which we live.
We believe in the importance of virtue and commit to living the values of the Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity. We recognize that truth is the foundation of all lasting association, and we will seek wisdom and knowledge while serving others in modesty and dignity.
Recalling that Pi Kappa Alpha is a lifelong commitment, I therefore reaffirm to live my life with honor and courage seeking the inherent worth in each person I meet; to accept all brothers of Pi Kappa Alpha in love and friendship; and to serve my faith, my family, my community, my alma mater, and my Fraternity.
Only then, by living these virtues, will we realize our fullest potential.