History of Greek Life at Valpo:
In 1908, the Greek life community was started at Valparaiso University, which consisted of all local fraternities and sororities. From 1908-26, all fraternities and sororities were forced underground because it was seen as a sin to be a part of the Greek Life community due to the Lutheran heritage of the school.
In 1951, fraternities began to convert from local to national, the first of which was TKE. By 1958 all fraternities had converted to national fraternities. Sororities were not far behind in the movement to national.