The Iota Gamma Chapter of the Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity was colonized on the University of Nebraska at Kearney (UNK) campus on May 3, 1986. At the time, the Chancellor of UNK, William R. Nester (Alpha Xi), played a large role in starting the Iota Gamma Chapter. The Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity chartered Iota Gamma on March 9, 1987.
Iota Gamma promotes excellence by providing the best possible undergraduate experience on campus by facilitating personal development and promoting life-long friendships, while positively and profoundly impacting UNK and the Kearney community.
- 27 straight Raymond L. Orian’s Chapter Excellence Awards, given to the top 20% of chapters internationally (current longest streak)
- 6 Robert Adger Smythe Awards, given to the top 5% of chapters internationally
- Intramural Champions 17 out of the last 24 years
- Donate approximately $15,000 to different philanthropic causes per year
- Donate close to $6,000 per year to the Dr. Kent Estes Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Donate close to $6,000 per year to the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure
- Contribute approxiamtely 4,000 hours of community service per year
- Awarded the Nester Cup 3 times for having the highest fraternity GPA on campus
- Named Department of the Month at UNK, the only fraternity to do so