Hugely successful trip to Memphis for Iota Gamma this past weekend! Four of our members (SMC Josh Schuman, IMC Brock Shuler, Ryan Figgins, and Sergio Ceja) attended the 2013 Academy at the Peabody Hotel in Memphis, Tennessee. The Academy, held every two years, offers practical chapter programming and operations sessions for attendees. The Academy is a great program for executive council and emerging leaders to refine their leadership development skills.
Aside from the programming and sessions, this is the event where all International Awards are given out. This year, our chapter took home 8 awards! We are very proud of the awards we took home which are great recognition of the amazing year we had. Here are the awards:
- 27th consecutive Raymond L Orians Excellence Award! This award is given to the top 20% of chapters nationally and we have received one for every year we have been a chapter!
- 1st Scholarship Plate since 2008! This award is given to chapters who achieve a cumulative GPA above a 3.0. We had the 51st highest GPA in the country with a 3.088.
- Division III International Participation Award. This award is given to the chapter who has the best International participation by filing paperwork on time, submitting updates to the Shield & Diamond, attending Pike University events, etc. Division III is chapters who are at schools with less than 10 fraternities.
- Division III Athletics Award. This award is given to the chapter who is successful in intramurals and has numerous student athletes.
- Level III Recruitment Award. This award is given to chapters who increase initiations by 20%.
- Pike U 25 Man Commitment. This plaque is given to chapters who send at least 25 men to Pike U events throughout the year. This year, we had the 2nd highest attendance of all chapters by sending 59 men to the International Convention, Kansas City Leadership Summit, and Chapter Executive Conference.
- 100% Phi Phi Kappa Alpha Club. This trophy is given to chapters who make a financial commitment to the Pi Kappa Alpha Foundation by donating $20 per member. Donations go straight into our chapter’s Pike University Scholarship Fund which when endowed with over $10,000 begins to fund Pike U attendance.
- International Work Day. This plaque is given to chapters who participate in International Work Day, a day each year devoted to house improvement projects.
An alumni newsletter will be sent out later this month with photos and details of our awards. If you have not signed up for our alumni newsletter and wish to receive it, visit this LINK.