– According to nationwide study of fraternity and sorority members, by belonging to a fraternity your chances of graduating are greater by up to 10 percent.
– Greek members on average donate more than four times as much to their respective universities as alumni than do non greeks.
– As Alumni, Greeks give approximately 75% of all money donated to universities.
– As undergraduates, Greeks raise approximately $7 million per year for charities.
– As undergraduates, Greeks give approximately 850,000 volunteer hours per year.
– Studies prove that Fraternity and Sorority Alumni are much more likely than non-Greeks to participate in community service activities after graduation.
– Forty-three of the 100 members of the U.S. Senate are members of a fraternity or sorority.
– Thirty-Six percent of the House of Representatives are members of a sorority or fraternity.
– Of North Americaâs 50 largest corporations, 43 are headed by Greek men and women, 30% of all Fortune 500’s.
– 7 out of 10 people listed in Whoâs Who are Greek.
– 40 of 47 U.S. Supreme Court Justices have been and are Greek.
– 63% of all U.S. Cabinet members since 1900 have been and are Greek.
– All of the Apollo 11 astronauts were Greek.
– There are 400,000 active members in Greek organizations nation-wide.
– Less than 3% of the United States is Greek.
– A study by the University of Missouri found that Greeks throughout the U.S. and Canada are more involved on their campuses and rate their overall university experience better than non-Greeks.
– The same U of Missouri study found Greeks are more financially successful after they graduate than non-Greeks, are more involved in their communities, and give more generously to their alma maters.