Why join a fraternity?
- Every U.S. President and Vice President, except two in each office, born since the first social fraternity was founded in 1825 have been members of a fraternity.
- Approximately 80% of the executives of the 500 largest corporations in America are fraternity men.
- Of the nation’s 50 largest corporations, 43 are headed by fraternity men.
- 76% of all Congressmen and Senators belong to a fraternity.
- 40 of 47 U.S. Supreme Court Justices since 1910 were fraternity men.
- Over 85% of the student leaders on some 730 campuses are involved in the Greek community.
- A U.S. Government study shows that over 70% of all those who join a fraternity/sorority graduate, while under 50% of all non-fraternity/sorority persons graduate.
- Less than 2% of an average college student’s expenses go toward fraternity/sorority dues.
- The Greek system is the largest network of volunteers in the US, with members donating over 10 million hours of volunteer service each year.