Officially chartered in 1994, the Iota Psi chapter of Pi Kappa Alpha is located in the Appalachian Mountains of Boone, North Carolina. Further information about our national fraternity can be found below:
Pi Kappa Alpha was founded in Room 47 West Range at the University of Virginia in 1868. Since then, it’s developed into an international brotherhood and become one of the largest fraternal organizations in the world.
How? It’s simple. Pi Kappa Alpha has remained dedicated to developing men of integrity, intellect, success and high moral character, and to fostering a truly lifelong fraternal experience.
Pi Kappa Alpha is composed of more than 275,000 lifetime members, 220 chapters and 150 alumni associations in North America. In the last 10 years, PIKE membership grew by 51% and maintains the largest average chapter size of North American fraternities. Between 2014 and 2016, Pikes raised over $4.5 million and contributed 600,000+ hours in community service.
The Pi Kappa Alpha Foundation
- Founded in 1948 as a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization for charitable, literary & educational purposes
- Provides funding to the Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity & its chapters for Pike Universityleadership programs, academic scholarships & chapter house facilities
- North America’s premier fraternal leadership program
- Administers Pi Kappa Alpha’s leadership & educational programming through various international and regional conferences throughout the year
- Grants more than $100,000 in Pike University scholarships each year
Nickname: PIKE; members are known as Pikes
March 1, 1868: Founded at the University of Virginia
220+ Chapters and Colonies across the United States & Canada
Official Colors: Garnet & Gold
Official Flower: Lily-of-the-Valley
Official Magazine: Shield & Diamond