The Alpha Omicron Chapter of Kappa Alpha Order is dedicated to the betterment of the modern gentleman in every aspect of life.
Alpha Omicron prides itself in maintaining a high chapter grade point average. The chapter earned a composite 3.27 GPA in the Fall of 2016, which was the highest among all fraternities on campus (the 3rd time in the last 4 semesters) and nearly 0.5 grade points above the men’s non-Greek average.
Over the past 2 years, men from KA have held numerous key leadership positions on the University of Arkansas campus including:
- Interfraternity Council (IFC) President & Vice President
- Student Alumni Board President
- Volunteer Action Committee President
- Student Outreach (SOOIE) President & Vice President
- Homecoming Chairman
- Associated Student Government Chair of Senate
- Multiple Associated Student Government Senators
- Club Golf Team President, Vice President, & Treasurer
- Club Sports Advisory Committee President
- College Republicans President
- Multiple members in Walton Honors Program
- Multiple recipients of Honors College Fellowship
During the 2016-2017 school year, the chapter placed 1st overall in intramural sports among all IFC fraternities and earned KA the All-IFC Intramural Cup. This year, KA has started the season off with several strong performances and is currently leading the intramural standings again.
The KA National philanthropy is the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA). In 2016 alone, our chapter was able to donate $12,500 to MDA, making us the largest donor to MDA in the state of Arkansas. This year, we hosted a new event called “Car Smash” that benefited a young man in his battle with muscular dystrophy. The chapter was able to raise $10,000 for him in just two weeks. To find out more about this amazing event, please see the story done by KNWA at the link below.
The Alpha Omicron chapter at Arkansas now sits at 220 active members, making us the second largest KA chapter in the country.