Security is something we all look for—in our jobs, financial endeavors, relationships, and daily decisions. Having security in our lives means we experience a feeling of comfort, familiarity, attachment, and confidence. This feeling of security is why many of us decided to join Delta Chi.
Initially, when we came to Mississippi State University, most of us were naïve to college life and felt lost in the surroundings of a large, unfamiliar campus. However, when we joined Delta Chi, it didn’t take long to develop a sense of community with our fellow brothers. Delta Chi has a unique tradition of creating strong bonds of friendship by bringing together men of different personalities, backgrounds, strengths, and weaknesses for the common purpose of developing mutual values and lifetime support.
Our brothers helped us navigate the successes and failures we encountered during college. They helped us mature and develop our academic and leadership skills. The bonds we developed as a result of Delta Chi have remained strong with the passage of time. Delta Chi provided security that benefits us, even today.
As alumni, we need to ensure Delta Chi Mississippi State remains strong so that our future brothers can experience the same opportunities and benefits we did. It is up to us to support and foster the success of our chapter. To ensure long-term and tangible success for Delta Chi Mississippi State, the Delta Chi Alumni Association (DXAA) plans to raise $10,000 address the following needs:
- Provide scholarships for active members to attend leadership workshops, which train our leaders in the best practices of chapter operations. The 2020 RLC will be in Fort Walton, Fla.
- Provide the opportunity to attend the Delta Chi Emerging Leader Academy this summer at Cornell University in Ithaca, N.Y., where Delta Chi was founded in 1890. The DXAA plans to cover the travel and registration cost of one representative from our chapter.
- Support the rush budget to facilitate exceptional recruitment. This spring, four associate members joined the brotherhood. Plans are underway for a successful fall recruitment.
- Continue funding ongoing expenses, including alumni communications and social events.
- Secure our spot in the Left Field Lounge at Dudy Noble Field. We want to ensure past, present, and future brothers can enjoy an honored tradition in a place we all know and love.
Last spring, 32 generous alumni came together and raised over $7,700 to assist with the following:
- Leftfield Lounge season pass at the new Dudy Noble Field.
- Alumni luncheons in the fall and spring.
- Financial support to assist the chapter in sending seven members (six actives and BB) to Region VIII Regional Leadership Conference (RLC) in Augusta, Ga.
- A successful Chapter Options Workshop in November 2018 with informative sessions on academics, rush, financial management, and housing.
- Awarded two Mickey Putnam Scholarships to Alec Chism ’19 and Dakota Wood ’20.
- Provided airfare for two members to attend the International Convention in Denver, Colo.
- Alumni website and database management.
- Newsletter preparation and distribution.
Let us not forget the commitment and devotion of alumni who came before us. Our chapter needs your financial assistance now more than ever to meet the needs outlined above. We encourage you to consider making a gift of $500 to the 2019 Alumni Association Membership Campaign today. If this amount is more than you would like to contribute this year, please consider giving $250 or $175.
No one can secure the future of an organization better than those who believe in it. Help us determine what Delta Chi Mississippi State will be for generations to come. Send a gift today and give future members that security.
You can make your gift today by clicking the “Support the Campaign” button on the right hand side of this page. For your convenience, you may spread your gift over the course of a year by making monthly or quarterly payments. You can also set up recurring payments to charge your credit card automatically or draft your checking account.
As a reminder, all donors will be recognized as dues paying members of the DXAA.
Please join us and pledge your support for the Delta Chi Alumni Association today. We greatly appreciate your support.
In the Bond,
Chris Strohm ’85
MSU DX Alumni Association
Zachary Howell ’16
Vice President – Development
MSU DX Alumni Association
(601) 297 – 8670