Due to generous alumni contributions to the 2016 Alumni Association Membership Campaign, the Delta Chi Alumni Association (DXAA) was able to allocate $1,250 towards four excellent rush events this summer. The chapter held successful events in Gulf Shores, Memphis, Atlanta and Starkville. We are proud to announce we have a total of 20 early bids and we are still looking to secure a few more as we are currently completing our formal recruitment.
The Executive Board recently had a retreat to Cat Island. Alumnus John Hariston ’87 led the retreat and assisted the Executive Board with creating an effective plan for the upcoming school year and many years to come. The chapter is ecstatic for the start of the upcoming year and is ready to continue meeting and exceeding our goals.
Additionally, thanks to alumni contributions to the 2016 Alumni Association Membership Campaign, the DXAA was able to send two out of four delegates to attend the 60th International Delta Chi Convention in Louisville, Kentucky. The two delegates were able to attend the convention without the burden of cost as the DXAA was able to use alumni contributions to pay for the hotel and travel expenses. The delegates who attended, Zac Howell “A”, Matt McCall “B”, Michael Burgess “D” and Jacob Stone – Social Committee, are extremely grateful for this once in a lifetime opportunity and could not have done it without alumni support. To read more, please visit msudxalumni.com.
Lastly, you are invited to the following upcoming events. Be sure to mark your calendar so you do not miss out!
- Thursday, August 25 at 7:00 p.m. – Alumni Dinner at the House
- Tuesday, August 30 – The 2016 Delta Chi Earth Ball Tournament begins
- Saturday, September 10 at 12:00 p.m. – Alumni Appreciation Weekend*: Alumni Lunch at the House
- Sunday, September 11 at 11:00 a.m. – Alumni Appreciation Weekend*: Alumni vs Active Flag Football Game at the old intramural fields behind Fresh Foods on campus. If you are interested in volunteering as a captain for the Alumni Flag Football team, please contact Austin Watts at email@example.com.
- Thursday, October 6 at 7:00 p.m. – Alumni Dinner at the House
- Thursday, November 17 at 7:00 p.m. – Alumni Dinner at the House
* Alumni Appreciation Weekend is held in conjunction with the MSU vs SC game, held Saturday, September 10 with kickoff at 6:00 p.m.
Be on the lookout for more details regarding the alumni dinners and Alumni Appreciation Weekend closer to the events. If you have any questions, please contact Austin Watts at firstname.lastname@example.org or (205) 960-6915.
We look forward to seeing you at the House soon!
In The Bond,
Alumni Relations Secretary “E”
Mississippi State Delta Chi